Monday, January 5, 2009

Plastic Crap Toy Spotlight: Old Batman Figure


I've had this Batman for as long as I can remember. He's made of a very hard rubber and stands about four inches tall, he has certainly seen better days but at least he's a survivor unlike his Superfriend's comrades who have sadly been lost to time. I must of gotten him in 1973 or '74, I have no idea who the manufacturer is (there is nothing on him) but I am positive he came from Woolworth's. He wasn't packaged in the toy department but sold loose from a display case at the register. I know I also had a Robin and Superman and I am pretty sure there was a Wonder Woman too that I didn't want (being a small boy I had no interest in her). I'm certain there wasn't an Aquaman as he would have surely been my favorite and would still be etched in my memory.
I have found almost nothing about this guy online, one time I saw an auction for may have been the Robin that went with him . He had one arm at his side and the other outstretched, sadly my memory's a little fuzzy so I'm not sure. I'd love to find a complete set of these one day, but even a new minty fresh Batman could not replace this one. He's a witness to my childhood, he's weathered sandboxes, rain, snow and dogs. This guy has done time in the toy box alongside Star Wars figures, Adventure People, Megos. He's seen toys come and he's seen them go but he's still here and he's not going anywhere for a while.

2 comments:

Brian B said...

Well loved toys are the best ones.

I hope you find his comrades.

Danyal said...

The most obvious function of clothing is to protect the wearer from the elements. In hot weather, clothing provides protection from sunburn or wind damage. In the cold, it offers thermal insulation Shelter can reduce the functional need for clothing.
gildan wholesale uk,dropship t shirts uk,blank clothing wholesale uk,uk wholesale licensed band merchandise uk,oversized t shirt wholesale,